Sunday, March 20, 2011

Free Write (Week 10)

Good Morning

Woke up to a tantrum-throwing alarm clock
he demanded I wake up
as persistent as I was to push him away
he was twice as persistent for me to wake up
to the sweet smell of the garbage can
that pervertibly stares at me outside my window.
It's Monday,
Monday is the you need to forget about the endless nights
you stayed up because your best friends were in town
that you guys had to catch up at the nearest club, wipe out
all of the left of crust from your eyes,
drink two mugs full of green tea,
beginning of the work week day.
Running like a speeding bullet,
trying to catch the train
it hit me,
I didnt eat any Berry Berry Kicks
and my mom popped into my head
and recited: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
Breathing like a fish out of water
I was finally on the damn train. 

No comments:

Post a Comment